When I went to YouTube to see if there was a video that shared how I was taught to make these newspaper seed pots I could not find the exact version
And while I appreciate many things about YouTube, when I am learning how to make something I have to say a video sometimes frustrates me
here is my version of how to…
Of course. I didn’t have a boo clue how to make these before a few weeks ago when I took this lovely local workshop.
I am going to help kids make these all day tomorrow at the Illinois Sustainable Living And Wellness Expo
Note: I have these images sized small because of the number of them, you can click on the image to make it larger if you care to
Here are the directions:
1. one newspaper sheet, multiple ply
2. fold in half lengthwise
3. fold to make a triangle
4. cut at bottom
5. unfold and count three ply of squares
6. fold into thirds one way and then the other
7. unfold and cut all four corners/use fold lines as a guide
8. gather corners from two sides to form a square and staple
9. complete with other sides
10. fill with seed starter soil ( seed starter soil is not expensive – it’s different from top soil or potting soil – who knew!), use a pencil to measure appropriate seed depth, plant seeds!!
11. water, place in container and cover.
Look! I have radish plant starts!!! My very own! From seed!!