Why does a product that supposedly prevents tooth decay have to be artificially sweetened, have harmful food dye in it and other questionable ingredients like flouride?
How about a toothpaste that doesn’t have a warning label on it?
“WARNINGS: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek PROFESSIONAL HELP or contact a POISON CONTROL center immediately.”
Ever wonder about the word “poison”
For myself and my family we choose to use an organic dentifrice that is flouride free, that is sweetened with xylitol, and that has crushed egg shells in it as an abrasive.
As an added benefit research indicates that xylitol inhibits bacteria growth and significantly reduces the incidence of ear infections! Dr Green shares information about that study here
Many of my mom clients have been known to brush their kids tongues with it!!
Absolutely love this product.
I also use baking soda. Many say that baking soda is too abrasive. Truth be it’s not the backing soda that is the concern it’s when you brush your teeth improperly that causes harm. I raised both my kids without flouride treatments and we removed flouride from our water.